Saturday, January 12, 2008

SWOT.......not swat...

What does it mean?

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities
Threats

It's interesting as I go through school how much of what I'm learning can be applied to my everyday life. In my business classes this is an analysis that can help a business understand its organization and productivity, and formulate strategy to improve its mission.

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. The key is to use those strengths to the best of our ability rather than to just coast along. Admit what our weaknesses are and face them. How many of us have numerous opportunities present themselves weekly or even daily? Do we reach out and grasp them or lazily watch them pass by.... and threats...do we allow them to cow-tow us into quaking balls of fear or do we confront the fear, take the challenge and conquer.

Take this a step further....Strengths and Weaknesses are an internal matter. This is the struggle within us. Take a moment and analyze yourself.

Opportunities and Threats are external forces. Sometimes we have control over these issues...sometimes we don't....BUT if we remain wallflowers....you'll never know what could have been.

I challenge you to take a SWOT analysis of your life....it may be the best thing you've ever done.

4 comments:

david mcmahon said...

What a great way to analyse the energies that surround us - and that we don;t often identify.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Roxy said...

Thanks David! It's amazing what kinds of things are all around us that we can apply to our everyday lives.

david mcmahon said...

I could not agree with you more, Roxy.

And the most significant things are always the simplest things, too.

Loved your comment on the Marks & Spencer post. Thank you.

Keep smiling

David

Anonymous said...

THANKS SO MUCH ROXY

you help me with my marketing

homework. you help me understand

how to do my marketing homework thanks so much :]