Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flowers...

For those who know me well.....I love flowers.





What a wonderful weekend I've had. The weather was absolutely perfect and I was able to spend all day outside playing in my yard. Keely and I went to the local garden center and spent about an hour deciding what flowers we were going to buy and plant in the flower beds. I enjoyed a little one-on-one time with my Little Bug...she's a real pleasure and is at the age where she is fascinated by everything around her...so inquisitive.


I finally decided this year I was going to incorporate more perennials into my yard. Year after year I have planted annuals and have been sad when they are permanently done in the fall. I've slowly been adding a few perennials each year. This year I decided to go almost exclusively with them. It was hard to select which little beauties to go with but I finally narrowed it down to Columbines, Lupines, a variety of Daisies, and several Lilys. My favorites are the Columbines because they have such a delicate look about them....very pretty.


I have the larger flowering bushes such as.... Honeysuckles, Azaleas, Rhododendrons and Hydrangeas. This year I wanted to focus on the smaller flowers. Early every spring I wait with anticipation for my Crocus to emerge, usually in late February. NOW I will have lots of flowers to look forward too..:)






3 comments:

Roxy said...

Thank-you! I'm really enjoying my flowers this spring and hope to add many more.

I would love to take credit for the photography, but the crocus picture is the only one I snapped. The other are copies I found to portray what I've planted...:) They are pretty close to what I've planted too!

Thanks for stopping by.

Jim Thomsen said...

I was just about to congratulate you on incredible pictures ....

But ....

NEVER MIND.

Incredible flowers, though.

Jim

Roxy said...

Ha...thanks anyway, Jim. Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and try taking a few real shots. If they turn out decent I'll replace the imposter..ha.

Nice to see you around..:)