Friday, July 27, 2007

Ready For Some Changes......Grab a brush and come on over!!

Gotta strike while the mood is hot......ha.ha...

Yes, I've gotten a flea in my ear and am ready to pull out the paint roller and paint the town red!! Well....at least my family room. I've been wanting to paint it a color that helps make the room nice and cozy, and I've found just the right color....Mexican Chili....it's kind of a burnt red color...Burnt Red.....I really think it will go very nicely in there with the stone of the fireplace and the bit of cedar that's on the one wall.

NEXT....I've found a lovely soft butter yellow to paint the walls in my dining area, called Celestial Yellow....(Yellow)with the east window in that room it should be a nice happy, soft glow in the morning. I'm thinking this will become my favorite place to eat breakfast and wake up in the mornings.

And Finally......I will be painting my livingroom and hallways a beautiful color called Desert Warmth.... There will be one wall in the livingroom that will have a nice color called MOther Nature.....a warm sage green....(not this color, much more muted) This should perk my little house up very nicely!

What brought on all this change, you say? I painted all the walls and ceilings white in this house about 7 years ago. They are in real need of some attention and I'm very tired of white!! This is now the time to make those changes. I'm getting excited just thinking about it....:) I already grabbed my color palletes and will be heading for home depot tomorrow....I bet I could get the family room done tomorrow and the dining room done the next day! I LOVE IT when a room is freshly painted......AND I will be doing a little weeding out of STUFF while I'm at it. Jim inspired me to minimize the clutter......simplify my life.

5 comments:

Kelsie-lou said...

Go, Roxy! Renovating and moving are the 2 best times to weed out "stuff." I've weeded out quite a bit already, myself....just wait till we go to put things BACK!!

Roxy said...

Yah....I figured it was time to clear the decks in a few of my clutter areas. Since I need to move everything anyway....I might as well move some of it out to the car and haul it away to Goodwill. Did you know that Goodwill is even getting pickier about what they will accept? What's with that!? Here people donate stuff to them for FREE...and now they're getting picky. Seems pretty silly to me.

Marisa said...

be sure to post pics when you're done! I'm missing the purple wall in my living room in Vancouver now...

Roxy said...

I finished the family room....and I LOVE my Mexican Chili Red....very warm and cozy! I plan on painting my dining area the nice soft butter cream yellow this weekend. I've got to keep moving and stay motivated so I get this all done the month of August. I may be having surgery on my leg later on this month.

Roxy said...

I finished!!

Family Room: Mexican Chili Red
Dining Room: Soft butter yellow
Living Room and Hallways..Desert Sand

I'm taking a break for awhile..but the next big project will be the kitchen. I'm going to continue the Desert Sand on to the kitchen walls...and paint the cabinets a soft sage green. And then I will have a few red accents in the kitchen to help blend the transition from the family room into the kitchen, since they are in the same area. I think it will look pretty good.