Sunday, July 27, 2008

6 Week Challenge!!

So...

I'm currently in a 3 week clean eating challenge and a 6 week fitness challenge with a group of people.

The 3 week Clean Eating challenge is just that....a real challenge! Here's a sample of my eating each day:

Protein, protein, and more protien. You need to have 1.5 grams daily for every pound you weigh. Chicken, fish, occasionally lean beef. Good carbs which are complex carbs....whole grains like oats and brown rice (stay away from anything that has refined sugar and white flour...bad for you).

Breakfast:
1/2 cup Old fashioned Oats mixed with a little natural peanut butter, fat free cottage cheese and fat free Stoneyfield vanilla yogurt.

Midmorning: Protein Shake

Lunch: Tuna on low carb pita bread

MidAfternoon: Protein Shake

Dinner: Salad with chicken

Last meal: either protein shake, or tuna, anything protein

I will also add in a few almonds and some type of oil, probably flaxseed oil...and of course taking my daily vitamin supplements.

Now...the 6 week Baby Got Back challenge will be a mixture of weights (especially focusing on the backside: Tri's, Back, Glutes and Ham's). I will be weight training 3-4 days per week and doing low intensity cardio 6 days a week. The cardio will be specifically on the treadmill, eliptical and cycling for an hour each day. Amazingly, the low intensity is very challenging to me....because when I start cardio my first intinct is to flat out move! This is a whole new mind-set for me and I am constantly having to remind myself to go at a slower pace to meet the heart rate requirements.

Anyway....wish me luck. After 6 weeks I hope to report back with some good results...or if you're at the Barnes wedding, you can see for yourself ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Roxy,
A Clean Eating Challenge sounds like a great idea. Where did this idea come from? I just finished reading Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet book and it's all about Clean Eating. Have you read it? I'd love to start my own challenge now. Keep us all posted.
-Marie

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em ... but honestly, that sounds like a joyless and intimidating grind.

Roxy said...

I'm involved with a group of bodybuilders and that is where these challenges came from. I've had some good results for my first week...2 lbs down. Now that I'm in the swing of things I'm hoping this next week shows even better results!! I'll certainly check out this book...sounds very interesting.

Roxy said...

Hey Jim...actually...it is not that hard to follow. I'm eating a lot of fresh veggies and salad, which I happen to love. Chicken and Tuna are great! I get to eat a few almonds, rye wafers..etc.

The eating clean challenge is only for 3 weeks, and I'm already a third of the way through it...it's a breeze. I will however try to continue it as best I can if I can continue to see weightloss results. It doesn't really feel like a grind...more of a new and different way of eating. Very interesting actually.

Roxy said...

YEAH!!! I've been following this eating clean for two weeks and have now lost a solid 5+ lbs.. :)

Still many more to go, but I am VERY pleased. It is definitely working for me. I still have hopes of wearing that bikini in Hawaii, January 2009!!