Sunday, September 21, 2008

Summer's Gone....

I'm feeling a little incredulous! Where did the summer go? It seems like summer didn't really start for me until August....THEN I got into the swing of things. This summer was pretty quiet...travel-wise. We had a couple short jaunts here and there, a tiny bit of golfing...lots of trips to the gym...:)

My countdown is for our trip to Hawaii in January....just a little over 100 days...and counting down!! 10 days on the Island of Maui is sounding better and better.... just trying to get this bod in bikini shape!! Keely has got me beat already...ha.


Keely certainly found time to get out and enjoy summer....it's amazing to watch her, she's growing up right before our eyes.
My mindset now is turning towards Autumn...truly my favorite time of year. Finish getting the yard prepped for winter, clean a few flower beds, and trim a few bushes back. The 3 large maples in the backyard will be dropping their tons of golden leaves before I know it. I'll have to try and get a nice photo of the perfect leaf...:)

4 comments:

Losing It - Weight Loss Struggles & Success said...

Great blog! Where did you live in Canada? I just got back a couple weeks ago from Lethbridge, Alberta and it was stunning driving through the Rockies. We went up to B.C and then over and then came back through Glacier National Park. It was a lot of driving, but worth it.

Roxy said...

Randy and I lived in Sedgewick, AB for almost 13 years. Then we quit farming and moved down to Portland. Sedgewick is about 4 hours north of Lethbridge. You are right! The drive through the mountains is incredible! I love to go back and visit.

Marisa said...

I can't believe Keely is a toddler! It's incredible!

Anonymous said...

She's huge!

One big advantage of renting: I get to drink a cold beer and watch as my landlord does the winter-prep stuff in my backyard. Sometimes I offer unhelpful advice just for fun.