Friday, October 26, 2007

Just Plod, Plod, Plodding....Along.

This has been the longest two weeks of my life!!

For 6 - 8 hours everyday I sat in a class learning more about government contracting than I ever thought I wanted to know. The only thing that made this class palatable was the fact that we were divided up into group....and I had an awesome group to work with. Over the two weeks we had 4 scenarios to do pre and post award administration, problem solve, resolve and of course refererence every government law and clause we could lay our hands on! Okay...I'll admit...some of it was actually fun and interesting....:)

Our instructor was an interesting kind of dude. His name was Bernie, he is a former government worker who now contracts with these training companies to teach these classes. I'm sure he's making a nice little profit as a private contractor! He was kind of quirky, a slightly raunchy humor, and one very fantastic cook! Since this training was two weeks, he hosted a dinner on the weekend and cooked for everyone....wow....the guy is really good. Quite impressive. I would weigh 300 lbs in no time at all if I continued to eat like that...but MMmmm...mmmm......it was tasty!

I'm happy to report that today was my last class and YES I passed...YEAH...one more class out of the way. Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention....I am also taking my evening Accounting class at the same time as this one. Only two more sessions and I can move on to something else....wooo hooo. I'm trying real hard to fast track all of this schooling so I can graduate in May 2008. So far, it's looking very promising. I'll try not to let you all witness too many meltdowns on here!

So....it's the weekend...the weather is looking promising, it's been a glorious Fall day.... and I'm a happy woman!

0 comments: