Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trick or Treat?

I'll take a TREAT....
Over the years it's been real interesting to see which candies actually make it to Halloween night. I've got a husband who has a very serious sweet tooth!!

His top favorite seems to the the traditional Snickers bar. It never fails for me to find dozens of small wrappers thrown away in the trash can beside his desk!


The next candy that runs a close second in his consumption is yours and mine cute little buddies the M&M brothers..

This is a man who will clean out the cupboards.... YES, actually searching for any hidden treats! Once he has eaten all the hidden Halloween candy then he will resort to buying his own stash....and those come in the 1 and 2 lbs size bags!! Okay......I'll quit picking on him.... How he maintains his girlish figure...I'll never know...:).

Now my weakness for the sweet treats is more along the lines of.....

I tend to consume one here and there.... tuck a couple in my pocket for later. I don't lean towards liking very much chocolate at one time...so the tootsie roll is just right!

Another of my favorites is the always flavorful Saltwater Taffy....YUM.

That stuff is definitely addicting! There's a great little store out on the Oregon coast that sells this ....nice and fresh....I can give myself a stomach ache because I don't realize how much I've consumed until it's too late...;(

BUT...my favorite fun candy overall ...is the candy corn!

It's not that its all that scrumptious in taste... but I do consider it rather pleasing... it's also the game you make out of eating it. Very carefully you bite the little white tip off. Can you take it off cleanly without any white left showing? Can you do the same to the other end. Of course, there is the game of what you can do with the whole candy. Placed strategically as fangs or the large end down to make very believable Bugs Bunny teeth...:D

As Halloween nears it never fails that I've got to go out and buy more candy before the big evening....the neighborhood kids have learned that I'm the lady who hands out the candy in BIG handfuls.....they like me....they really like me.....ha, ha, ha.....!

3 comments:

Jim Thomsen said...

I'm with you on candy corn. I've got a couple of bags of it in my desk at work, in fact.

Roxy said...

They've always been one of my favorites around Halloween.

I think I'm a seasonal candy person. I only like certain candies at certain times on the year.

If I go to the movie theater...then it's popcorn and milk duds....:)

Roxy said...

I ran out of candy tonight....that's a first for me!! I think because the weather is pretty nice it brought out a record number of kids. I finally had to turn off my porch light and close the blinds. I'm sure I got the majority of the kids...but usually between 8pm and 9pm I get the older kids. Sometimes they are the most fun. Oh well, better luck next year.

The cutest costume this year was a little guy dressed up as a ninja. I actually held his candy sack so he could demonstrate all of his ninja moves for me....adorable!!